CA Properties do not charge any application, referencing, guarantor, renewal , check in or check out fees.
To reserve a property, all we require is a Holding Deposit of one week’s rent. This will reserve the property for you, for up to 15 days whilst we complete your Tenancy applications.
All Tenancies managed by CA Properties receive a friendly, down to earth and personal service, as well as speedy maintenance response to repairs.
There may be some default fees due to CA Properties, which are provided in the Tenancy Agreement, such as if you lose your keys or fail to pay your rent on time.
CA Properties will always provide you with a draft Tenancy Agreement for you, your guarantor and anyone named on the tenancy agreement to read thoroughly in advance to signing your contract. Should you have any questions about your tenancy agreement please do not hesitate to get in touch.
It’s our policy to be totally transparent about our fees, so take a look at our fee structure below.
Equivalent to a maximum of 1 week’s rent, the Holding Deposit will reserve the property for 15 days whilst you complete your application. Once your application procedure has been completed and your tenancy agreed, the Holding Deposit will then be received as part payment of your opening balance towards your rent or deposit for the property.
Your Tenancy Deposit will be transferred to a separate client account and will be secured in a Government-backed scheme called the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) where it will stay secure until the end of your Tenancy. The Holding Deposit is non-refundable should you withdraw from the property application, provide false or misleading information, fail Right to Rent checks and unable to enter the agreement within the agreed 15 days.
- If you choose to withdraw after acceptance, or undeclared adverse information is uncovered during referencing such as adverse credit rating, then you may lose your Holding Deposit. There is statutory law surrounding the taking of holding deposits and full Holding Deposit terms will be provided to you on our application form and Pre-Tenancy Agreement prior to payment of your Holding Fee.
- Prior to picking up keys, we must have received the first month’s rent and the deposit. Funds must be in cleared before keys can be released.
- If you are in any doubt whatsoever as to what is included within the property, for example furniture, appliances, utilities you should seek further clarification with CA Properties prior to submitting your application.
Holding Deposits Terms
Once you’ve been matched you to your perfect property, each Tenant will need to pay the Holding Deposit before we can take your property off the market. The Holding Deposit is a part payment of your opening balance either towards the initial payment of rent or deposit required for the property.
If you wish to apply to rent a property the following terms apply. A Tenancy will be offered to you subject to contract and, more specifically, subject to the following conditions:
- A fully completed application form has been submitted together with the appropriate supporting documents: photographic ID, proof of address, utility bill, bank statements & pay slips.
- You have paid the Holding Deposit.
- Right to rent check carried out.
- Satisfactory credit check has been carried out by an independent credit referencing agency (details on request).
- Satisfactory references have been obtained: Current & previous landlord, employer.
- The landlord has accepted the offer.
You may require a Guarantor if:
- You are not in full time employment, or earning less than 2.5 x the monthly Rental amount agreed
- You have no history of renting previously or cannot provide a previous Landlord reference
- You have a poor credit rating
- You have been in a new job less than 6 months
The Guarantor will be a third party, such as a parent or close relative, who agrees to pay your rent if you fail to pay it, and must earn in excess of £25,000, or at least 36 x the monthly rental agreed. The Guarantor ideally will be a homeowner and will credit checked as part of the application process, so it’s important to ask them in advance. Your Landlord can take legal action to recover any unpaid rent directly from your Guarantor if you don’t pay your rent.
What you can expect from CA Properties?
1. Simple Tenancy Application
Online administration service: credit checks, employer reference, Landlord reference, Tenancy application forms, ID verification, full legal Tenancy paperwork.
2. Peace of Mind
All our properties have full fire alarm systems, are professionally maintained and come with buildings insurance. You can always visit us in branch at our Leeds office and expect prompt replies to all emails and maintenance requests.
Registered with the Information Commissioners Office ICO, membership of the Leeds City Council’s Rental Standard scheme, accredited with Unipol student homes, member of the Property Redress Scheme, National Residential Landlords Association membership, professionally qualified staff with award-winning property management procedures.
4. Quality Service
Thorough property check-in procedure, tastefully decorated and professionally cleaned property for your arrival, speedy repairs service on maintenance reports, periodic property maintenance visits, safety checks and schedule of condition/inventory with every tenancy.
We have won the 2018 Rate your Landlord award as voted by our tenants and we pride ourselves on being a professional, honest and responsible landlord.